10 Fun Facts About...ME!
Hello everyone! So for the past couple of months, I have primarily been focusing on my "Bachelor Buzz" recaps of The Bachelor. If you don't watch The Bachelor, I'm sorry. But now I am back with my regular lifestyle blog posts that I will be dropping on Mondays! If you don't want to miss a post, follow me on Instagram, Twitter, and/or Facebook!
I figured that I would break the Bachelor streak with a re-introduction! It's an excuse for me to talk about my favorite subject...ME! So here are 10 fun (or not so fun) facts about yours truly.
1. My full name is a first and last name both backwards and forwards. Taylor Kim. Kim Taylor. And I get called by my backwards name ALL. THE. TIME. Even though I share a last name with like a billion other people on this planet, people still like to think that my first name is Kim.
2. Just because everyone always asks me, "Where are you from?" Well, if you must know...I am from Earth. But if you want to know my ethnicity, I am Japanese, Korean, and Mexican. No one ever believes that I am half Mexican, but my mom is from Mexico!
3. I am 28 years old...almost 29, eek! Again, no one ever believes me! People often believe that I am still in college and sometimes even in high school. Thanks to my dad's Asian genes, I look and sound like a baby.
4. My childhood stuffed animal was a little white kitty (grey, now) named Boo Boo Kitty and I still have her! Boo Boo Kitty, her glued in eyeballs and I have gone on MANY adventures together. I've lost her several times in public places and my parents somehow magically found a way to get her back to me!
5. I also have a real pet kitty, and her name is Rajah. I named her after Princess Jasmine's pet tiger in Aladdin, but I later learned that Rajah is a boy's name for the word "King." Her Instagram name is @princess.rajah, so translated it is "princess king." Oh, well.
6. My favorite color is pink! I currently have a Barbie pink bedroom wall that I am thoroughly enjoying until my fiancé and I move in together.
7. In high school, I was on the varsity dance team all four years, two of which I was captain. I remember in middle school having to audition and people told me that they never accept freshman, but I'm all about proving people wrong.
8. I graduated college from UCLA with a degree in political science. At the time, I thought I wanted to go to law school, and I was even taking LSAT prep courses. But in my last year I realized that I would be going to law school for the wrong reasons, i.e. money and that's what I was "supposed" to do.
9. I am from and currently living in the suburbs of Los Angeles. But I have lived in Japan, New York City, and San Francisco! My previous job was in retail, and they sent me all over to train, open, and manage their new stores. However, I always knew I was a So Cal girl at heart, so I am back here and SO GLAD I don't work in retail anymore!
10. I got my manicuring license a year ago. I love nails, and while I am not particularly talented at doing nails, I am working towards opening and owning my own nail salon!